Heavy Rescue 5-5-4, 2000 Spartan/Saulsbury Heavy Rescue
Rescue 5-5-14, 2015 Ford F-550 Crew Cab/Spartan Mini-Rescue
Ambulance 5-5-15, 2011 Ford F-550 / Medtec Ambulance
Rescue Company #4 was formed in July 1976 as Emergency Company #1. The name was changed to Rescue Company #4 in 2005. To better understand the history of Rescue Company #4 we go all the way back to 1956 to Rescue Company #1 which was one of the first two companies along with Engine Company #1 operating with a Floodlight/Heavy Rescue truck. The first Officers of Rescue Co. 4 in 1976 were as follows Captain: Robert Wood, 1st Lieutenant: Robert MacGreggor, 2nd Lieutenant: Vincent Shelley.
In 1969 Hook & Ladder Company #1 was formed with the purchase and in service of a 85′ Snorkel as the departments first Aerial Apparatus. Both companies were merged together to become Emergency Company #1 in July of 1976.
In 1972 our Rescue Company was one of the first departments on the East Coast to purchase and put in service the HURST “Jaws of Life” Spreader a few years prior to the FDNY putting them in service, its used to extricate patients trapped in a vehicle or other machinery.
Rescue Company takes great pride in operating and training with the extrication tools and equipment and has even made their motto “A Cut Above”.
Rescue Company #4 consists of Firefighting & EMS personnel, Rescue Company has two Rescue Trucks: Heavy Rescue 5-5-4 & Mini Rescue 5-5-14 (both equipped with forcible entry tools, extrication tools and technical rescue equipment) and an Ambulance as its response apparatus