Engine 5-5-2, 2012 Spartan Metrostar 2000 GPM, 500 Gal. Pumper
Engine 5-5-6, 2006 Spartan Gladiator 1500 GPM, 500 Gal. Pumper
Ambulance 5-5-16, 2018 Ford F-550 / Road Rescue Ambulance
By the end of 1956 the Department wanted to form a 2nd Engine Company within the Department, In December of 1956 Engine Company #2 was formed.
The first elected Company Officers were as Follows Kurt Hauck who at the time the 1st Lieutenant of Company 1, 1st Lieutenant: Joseph Bagliere who at the time was the 2nd Lieutenant of Company 1, and Harry Brown Jr. was elected the 2nd Lieutenant.
Until 1967 Engine Company #2 quarters was Headquarters, when Headquarters began to get cramped and the Fire District and community continued to grow a 2nd Firehouse then known as Sub-Station #1 (now called Station #2) was built on Stony Brook Road in Lake Grove It became the new quarters of Company 2 which is still they’re home quarters to this day.
With Centereach Fire Department covering most of the Village of Lake Grove Company 2 was named “vigilant” Engine Company #2 and retains the “Vigilants” nickname to this day and proudly displays a decal on all Company 2 apparatus of Lake Grove. Company 2 also takes pride in getting out on alarms and has the motto “Go Home We Got It” labeled on its apparatus.
Engine Company #2 consists of Firefighting & EMS personnel, Company 2 has two Class A Pumpers 5-5-2 & 5-5-6 and an Ambulance assigned as its response apparatus.